|<- Prev • Next -> • Week 8 • Day 49 (July 4) • Photo 1625||Abridged Version | Full Version | Index|
Tlinget carvings in the Sheldon Jackson Museum. The Reverend Dr. Sheldon Jackson was a Presbyterian missionary and first General Agent of Education for Alaska. The present museum, the first concrete structure in Alaska, was completed in 1897. Most of the artifacts were gathered between 1888 and 1900.