The Happy Spot is the little place behind the administration building at Harbor High halfway between the Pirate's Port and Graphic Arts. The Happy Spot Crew hung out there and hated everyone, and talked vocally about how much everyone sucked. We were nerds, freaks, and deviants, and a high percentage SubGenii. Others took part in our recorded rants as well, and credit shall be given when it can be understood who is speaking.
- K-HBR This mocking of the campus radio station was scripted by Zog and Garote in physics class. We recorded it on-campus at the Happy Spot in 1993, after one brief rehearsal. If you listen closely you can hear Zog being called to the office in the background. 1729k
- Red Ribbon Week Another skit written by Zog and Garote in Physics class, this one mocks the campus-wide 'Red Ribbon' anti-drug promotion. Once again we recorded it at the Happy Spot in 1993, after a single rehearsal. The jazz background was added later, when it was dubbed onto the 'Alex in Japan' tape. ('Wonderful Copenhagen', played by the Dave Brubeck Quartet.) 1752k
- Zog Logs Tear into a slice of that beefy, meaty chunk! Endorsed by the pope! 875k
- Rocky The Rooster Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Long before a certain plasticine movie character appropriated the name, we recorded the first of our commercials starring Rocky the Rooster. He hawks a fictional cereal called "Sugar Frosted Rooster Feet". Andy drew a picture of the box in graphic arts, and we made several T-shirts out of it.
- Oh Mr Coil All you need is enough wire, and you can lift freakin' anything, kids. 2061k
- Jar of Piss This little ditty arose one night at the Schack in 1993, where we burned styrofoam, hit big metal drums to make noise and worshipped the YAR OF PIS. Think of it as a drinking song. 234k
- I'm so sad - I have no friends!* A reading from Jhonen Vasquezs' Bad Art Collection by Brian "Power to the Union" Wiles. Incidental voices by Zog and Garote. Recorded at Cafe Purgatory in June of 1997. 1060 Kb
- Ocean Echo Beach Chat BAG go for a walk along the ocean, late one night in 1997. Guest appearance by Zog. 4600 Kb
- An Evening with BAG Twenty minutes of BAG bullshitting at Android's place, in early 1999. 4374 Kb
- Brent and Garote do UCSC A conversation with Brent and Garote on a walk through UCSC late one evening. 1369 Kb
The Camping Trip ...
One week in the summer of 1993, eight members of the Happy Spot Crew took a trip up north to Wild Plum Campground, just outside of Sierra City (population 255). We brought Android's Ultramo-Spiffy Recordo Box with us and caught some really fine moments on tape. Feast your ears on our distilled audio glory! Yaaay!!
- Robin Leach and the Twanging Cucumber!* A truly insane improvisation, made when we were all crammed into one tent, trying to sleep. Warning: for the mentally diffused only! 784k
- Dee Deet! A rather atonal fugue featuring Android, Garote, Makr, Zog and perchance others. 860k
- Mark 1 Mark takes us on a spiritual journey to the dregs of the cosmos. 266k
- Mark 2 Mark inspires our souls to further enlightenment. 295k
The Second Camping Trip ...
Our second journey to Wild Plum Campground up in the Sierras was just as fruitful as the first. Between them, Andy and Skot brought along two tape recorders and more than a dozen blank tapes. Many turgid skits and awful songs were born! These are listed in the order we recorded them.
A collection of quotes
from -affiliated folks
"Tatsaechlish sDes ist auf mir gegangen dass ich bei einem Kernkraftwerk gewohnte. Danach mein Fisch entwicklete Augen jeden Uhr."